Alleged Rio Rancho School Shooter to Stay in Custody

THE TEEN ACCUSED OF BRINGING A GUN TO SUE CLEVELAND HIGH SCHOOL IN RIO RANCHO LAST THURSDAY WILL STAY IN CUSTODY UNTIL HE HAS A PSYCHOLOGICAL EVALUATION. SIXTEEN YEAR OLD JOSHUA OWEN IS ALSO SAID TO HAVE FIRED AT LEAST ONE SHOT INSIDE THE SCHOOL AROUND 7AM … AND COURT DOCUMENTS INCIDENT HE WAS WEARING A MASK WHEN HE APPROACHED THREE PEOPLE.

ON MONDAY, A JUDGE SAID OWEN WILL BE IN THE JUVENILE DETENTION CENTER UNTIL HE’S EVALUATED, BUT HIS LAWYER REQUESTED OWEN BE ALLOWED TO GO HOME SO HIS PARENTS COULD KEEP HIM ON HIS MEDICATION. A SEARCH WARRANT INDICATES OWEN HAD BEEN HEARING VOICES THAT TOLD HIM TO CARRY OUT THE SHOOTING.

Filed Under: 1